Help Struggling Sex Worker and LGBTIAQ+ Communities in Tamil Nadu
₹2,05,493 raised of ₹17,00,000
Relief for Queer Persons
- Marginalized communities largely earn from seeking alms, sex work, daily wage labour and income from small businesses. With state-imposed lockdowns effective, survival has become challenging — it is even tougher for people living with HIV amongst these communities as obtaining their vital Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) is cumbersome during the lockdown.
- Location: Theni, Madurai and Kanyakumari districts (Tamil Nadu).
- Beneficiaries: Sex workers, sexual and gender minorities (LGBTIAQ+) community persons and people living with HIV amongst them.
- Number of households: 1000
- Cost per ration + hygiene kit: Rs 1400
- Cost of mobile recharge: Rs 300/household (to communicate and access information).
- Total amount per household: Rs 1700.